Voting in New York
IMPORTANT: The 2022 Primary Election in New York is Tuesday, June 28th. The General Election is Tuesday, November 8th. Make a plan today to vote in both elections!
Have any questions about how to find your polling location and hours, track your absentee ballot, or report voting issues? Call the New York Statewide Voter Helpline at 1-888-369-8683 (1-888-3NY-Vote) from Mon-Fri from 9am-8pm and Sat-Sun from 10am-7pm.
Find Your Polling Place
Check Your Registration Status
Military and Overseas Voting
Who Are My Elected Officials?
2022 Primary Election Dates
June 3: Last day to register to vote in the primary election. Last day to change New York address for voting in the primary election.
June 13: Last day for the Board of Elections to receive your absentee ballot application by mail, email, or fax.
June 18: Early voting in person begins.
June 26: Last day to early vote in person.
June 27: Last day to apply in person at a Board of Elections to absentee vote.
June 28: Election Day
– Last day to postmark ballot.
– Last day to deliver ballot IN PERSON to the local board of elections or to any poll site in your county.
Early In-person Voting
From June 18th-26th, you can vote early in person in your county for the June 28th primary election. Each county has specific hours and locations to vote early.
In-person voting on Primary Election Day (Tuesday, June 28)
You can still vote on Election Day, Tuesday, June 28, at your neighborhood precinct. Find your Primary Election Day voting location here.
Vote by Mail
Step 1: Apply for an absentee ballot to vote by mail.
June 13th was the last day for the Board of Elections to receive an application or letter of application by mail, email, or fax for an absentee ballot.
Step 2: Receive your absentee ballot.
- Once you receive the ballot, mark the ballot according to your choices for each office following the instructions on the ballot.
- Fold it up and place it in the Security Envelope. (This envelope will have a place for your signature.)
- Sign and date the outside of the Security Envelope.
- Seal the Security Envelope.
- Place the Security Envelope in the Return Envelope. (This envelope will have the return address of your county Board of Elections on the outside and should have a logo that reads, “Official Election Mail”)
- Seal the Return Envelope.
Step 3: Return your ballot.
You may return the ballot in any of the following ways for the June 28 Primary Election:
- Put it in the mail ensuring it receives a postmark no later than June 28th.
- Bring it to your County Board of Elections Office no later than June 28th by 9pm.
- Bring it to an early voting poll site in your county between June 18th and June 26th.
- Bring it to a poll site in your county on June 28th by 9pm.
Register to Vote
The deadline to register to vote for the June 28th primary election was June 3rd.