Voting in the November 8th Election
Election Day is Tuesday, November 8th. Find your polling location and make a plan to vote!
Have any questions about how to find your polling location and hours, track your absentee ballot, or report voting issues? Call the New York Democratic Lawyers Council’s Voter Helpline at 1-888-369-8683 (1-888-3NY-Vote) from Mon-Fri from 9am-8pm and Sat-Sun from 10am-7pm.
Find Your Polling Place
Check Your Registration Status
Military and Overseas Voting
Who Are My Elected Officials?
2022 General Election Dates
October 14: Last day to register (both in person and by mail) to vote in the general election.
October 19: Address changes must be received by county board of elections by this date.
October 24: Last day for the Board of Elections to receive your absentee ballot application by mail, fax, or online.
October 29: Early voting in person begins.
November 6: Last day to vote early.
November 7: Last day to apply in person at a local county Board of Elections for an absentee ballot.
November 8: Election Day
– Vote in-person at your poll site from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
– Last day to postmark absentee ballot.
– Last day to deliver absentee ballot IN PERSON to your county board of elections or to any poll site in your county.
Register to Vote
The deadline to register to vote for the November 8th general election is October 14th. Check your voter registration here.
Early In-person Voting
From October 29th-November 6th, you can vote early in person in your county for the November 8th general election. Each county has specific hours and locations to vote early.
In-person voting on Election Day (Tuesday, November 8)
You can still vote on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8, at your neighborhood precinct. Find your Election Day voting location here.
Vote by Mail
Step 1: Apply for an absentee ballot to vote by mail.
October 24th is the last day for the Board of Elections to receive an application or letter of application by mail, email, or fax for an absentee ballot. November 7th is the last day to apply IN PERSON for an absentee ballot.
Step 2: Receive your absentee ballot.
- Once you receive the ballot, mark the ballot according to your choices for each office following the instructions on the ballot.
- Fold it up and place it in the Security Envelope. (This envelope will have a place for your signature.)
- Sign and date the outside of the Security Envelope.
- Seal the Security Envelope.
- Place the Security Envelope in the Return Envelope. (This envelope will have the return address of your county Board of Elections on the outside and should have a logo that reads, “Official Election Mail”)
- Seal the Return Envelope.
Step 3: Return your ballot.
You may return the ballot in any of the following ways for the November 8 General Election:
- Put it in the mail ensuring it receives a postmark no later than November 8th.
- Bring it to your County Board of Elections Office no later than November 8th by 9pm.
- Bring it to an early voting poll site in your county between October 29th and November 6th.
- Bring it to a poll site in your county on November 8th by 9pm.